We currently offer snapshots of cloud computes in our Los Angeles USA and Hong Kong locations. Snapshots are not yet available for computes in our New York City USA, Dallas TX USA, or Singapore locations.
A snapshot is a point in time backup of your compute which creates an image of the entire compute as it exists when the snapshot is created. Snapshots can be used to revert a compute in its entirety to a previous date from when the snapshot was created. This is not an incremental or individual file backup.
To purchase snapshots for your Los Angeles USA or Hong Kong compute:
- Login to your client area at https://my.hawkhost.com/clientarea.php
- Once you've logged in use the main menu navigation to select "Services" and then "My Services":
- Click the green "Active" button to the right of the listed compute service which will be enabling snapshots:
- On the following page select the "Upgrade/Downgrade Options" link from the left side "Actions" menu:
- From the Upgrade/Downgrade page enter the number of snapshots you would like the ability to create. The price is $5.00 per snapshot:
- Click to continue through the cart and complete payment for your snapshots to enable the feature for your compute.
- Once payment is completed your ability to create snapshots will be enabled. Please refer to this KB article for a guide on how to use compute snapshots.