All shared, cloud web hosting, semi-dedicated, and reseller hosting plans offer the following PHP versions:
- PHP 4.4 (EOL)
- PHP 5.1 (EOL), PHP 5.2 (EOL), PHP 5.3 (EOL), PHP 5.4, PHP 5.5 (EOL), PHP 5.6 (EOL)
- PHP 7.0 (EOL), PHP 7.1 (EOL), PHP 7.2 (EOL), PHP 7.3 (EOL), PHP 7.4
- PHP 8.0, PHP 8.1, PHP 8.2
Any PHP version with (EOL) means it has reached its end of life and is no longer receiving feature updates. Custom security patches are still applied through CloudLinux however it is strongly recommended to not run any EOL version of PHP. We recommend running PHP 7.4 or newer.
To change your accounts PHP version:
- Login to cPanel for your account.
- In the top left search bar, type "Select PHP Version":
- From the Select PHP Version interface use the "My Domains" select your new default PHP version:
- Select your desired PHP version and then click "Set as current":
From this interface you can also enable/disable various modules specific to your desired PHP version. You can also modify your custom php.ini settings using the "Options" menu from the top navigation. Refer to our KB article for more details on modifying PHP options or extensions
Please note for these changes to take effect on all addon domains you will need to make sure your sites are set to the "inherit" setting through the MultiPHP Manager interface in cPanel.